Resilience means to bounce back, to cope up with setbacks and barriers. Emotions are a state of feeling. Basic emotions are happiness, sadness,
Emotional resilience is when we cope up with our emotions and we get back on track. It’s an ability to adapt to stressful situations or crises. People who are more resilient adapt to adversity without difficulty. And Less resilient people face a harder time with any stress may be major or minor changes in life. This trait to bounce back to our normality is present in all of us and needs to be polished and developed with time.
One thing to remember is that emotional resilience is not about winning the battle, It is to strengthen our power through the storm, and still keep the sail ready. It is an art of living with self-belief, self-compassion, and enhanced cognition. It’s a way through which we empower ourselves to perceive situational adversities as temporary and do not let it affect our internal motivations.
When we are resilient, we not only adapt ourselves to stress and disappointments we also grow insight to avoid actions that might lead to face such situations.
Emotional Resilience can be achieved in Various Ways as:
1. Bouncing back Resilience through the power of positivity.
- List 5 thoughts that are currently bothering you
- Change your negative statements into positive now
Negative thought like – I am losing hold on my life may be altered by a thought
Alternative positive – I can get back the control
2. Resilience through gratitude
Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions that we are capable of developing. Learning to appreciate what we have rather than complaining, And stressing about what we don’t have or have lost.
Keep a gratitude journal, list everything that you are thankful for.
- I am grateful to
- Things I have and many people don’t
- To my family because
- People who made me happy today or this weak
3. Resilience through self-awareness
- Know the ABC of your mind
A antecedent – the cause that has led to the current situation
B the behavior that is the way we chose to react to it.
C the consequences of our actions and emotions
Self-awareness helps us to realize a state of un comfort zone within us, and once we are aware of our emotions, they can be consciously worked over to a state of normality.
Various other ways to bounce back resilience can be
- Simple meditation
- Deep breathing
- Building your own self worth
- Being thankful
- Use self talk while you are in different situations
- Be curious and strive to make connections to bridge knowledge gaps
- Listening to others with an open mind.
Can be followed as per one’s own likings.
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, or worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly – Buddha
- Recognize the fact that our thoughts influence our activities.
- Acknowledging stress and be willing to effectively cope with it.
- Being open to changes and flexible while adapting to new situations
- Accepting the truth that by changing the way we react to stress a lot of difference can be made.
- Embracing the self-building self-compassion and empathy
Life is t live to its fullest. Live before you feel the time has gone. The present itself is present – a gift by god. Normalize any fluctuations or short circuits of your mind and let the power flow within you in high frequencies of Love, Abundance, and Divinity.